Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Soup Only Gets Better

So, I made the escarole soup last night and it was tasty. But, I let it sit in the refrigerator and had it for dinner again tonight and it was even tastier. All of the flavors blended and mellowed overnight. My mother makes it with beef meatballs, but this is the first time I've had it with turkey meatballs. They worked out just great.

Of course, I was the only one on the house who loved it. My daughter has an excuse -- she's a toddler -- she's not supposed to like green veggies such as escarole. Although she was a fan of the broth, orzo, and the meatballs. But my husband who came home late and decided that he would rather have prepared dishes from Whole Foods than my homemade soup. I am trying not to be insulted... I think I am going to freeze the rest and pull it out once the weather gets colder. At least I know my mom will eat it when she comes to visit.

Now I need to figure out what to make for tomorrow night. I've got some asparagus that needs to be eaten as well as some baby beets. I wonder if I can find something that incorporates them both...

No comments: