Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easy Pizza

Okay, I guess I am going to have to change the intro to my blog. It turns out that I've actually acquired a pizza stone. It was an item up for auction at the annual fundraiser at my daughter's preschool and I was feeling warm and fuzzy after a cocktail or two, so I bid on a lot of things that I might not have otherwise... But, I digress.

So anyway, this pizza stone has been sitting here for months waiting for me to get the courage time to make my own dough. Well, as I was strolling through Trader Joe's last week, a bag of refrigerated pizza dough caught my eye. I had never seen it there before, but I figured I would give it a try.

I took it home, let it rest for 20 minutes, then rolled it out and topped it with kalamata olives (a favorite with my kids) and freshly grated mozzarella. I made my own pizza sauce with a mixture of fresh and canned stewed tomatoes. I put the stone in the oven, and 10 minutes later we had a yummy pizza with a perfect crust -- my husband didn't even know that I hadn't made the dough myself.

No comments: