Monday, October 16, 2006

Why A Chronicle of My Kitchen?

Why am I writing a blog about cooking for my family? For no good reason, really. I like to try to recipes and wanted to chronicle my reactions to them and how I might tweak them next time. Plus, I am in the middle of reading Julie and Julia: My Year of Cooking Dangerously and have been inspired to blog about my adventures in the kitchen. I am not as ambitious as Julie Powell to take on Julia Child -- plus I don't think I have it in me to make aspic or kill a live lobster.

I am not a "foodie" -- I like relatively simple recipes with ingredients that I can pretty easily get at Whole Foods, my local supermarket, or my farmers' market. My love of food comes from my Italian side, specifically my grandmother. She comes from hearty peasant stock in the South of Italy. She passed down a love of food and cooking to my mother, who passed it down to me. At my core, I'll always be just an Italian girl from Jersey who takes simple pleasures in cooking for family and friends -- and I'll always urge you to have a second helping!

No comments: